The nationally recognized Small Business Week is being celebrated on a smaller, more local scale.
Photo credit: TACC Members Preparing for Small Business Week, photo provided.
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce (TACC) participated in National Small Business Week for the first time last year, as they celebrated 90 years as a group. Now, they’re bringing it to the rest of us.
“We quickly realized this national initiative was something locally we wanted to participate in each year and expand to include THINK LOCAL events as well business support, services, and trainings,” TACC Executive Director Matthew Courtright said in a statement.
Small Business Week is happening May 1st through May 7th. Thanks to the TACC, we can look forward to the following events:
- Five Nations Golf Small Business Mini Golf Celebration
- TACC Membership Benefits Open House
- Create an Effective Power Point Presentation – NCCC Lifelong Learning Workshop
- Get to Know the ECIDA Open House
- EMV and Credit Card Security Seminar
- SCORE Volunteer Recruitment Breakfast
- Health Insurance Services Open House
- Building Customer Loyalty Business Seminar
- Lake Champlain Region Marketing Opportunities Open House
- Nancy Frasier Photography Studio Grand Opening Celebration & Ribbon Cutting
- Spring Shopping & Dining Night – Growing a Postive Community
- Trendy Threads Consignment Boutique Grand Re-Opening Celebration & Ribbon Cutting
- Mini Ticonderoga Area Farmers Market – Preview to Summer 2016
National Small Business Week was created in 1963, and is meant to highlight the significance of small businesses and small business owners, as they contribute to the economy and the creation of new jobs.