It’s county fair time in the Adirondacks, and there’s a full lineup of more summer fun happening throughout the Park with a Poker Paddle, Steak Roast, and more.
Prepare for the Fair! And Other Exciting Events
- Shakespeare in the Park in Long Lake – Twelfth Night: July 29
- 47th Annual CAN-AM International Rugby Tournament in Lake Placid: July 30 – August 1
- 12th Annual Ice Cream Social at The View: July 30
- Food Truck Fridays in Brant Lake: July 30
- Monster Truck Invasion at the Clinton County Fair: July 30 & 31
- Inlet Classic Car Show & Cruise: July 31
- Indian Lake Poker Paddle: July 31*
- 55th Annual Steak Roast in Newcomb: July 31
- Fireworks Following Steak Roast: July 31
- Specialty Sunset Tour Boat Cruise on Lake Champlain: July 31
- Raquette Lake Durant Days: July 31 – August 2
- Cycle Adirondacks – The Ultimate Cycling Vacation: July 31 – August 6
- Newcomb Day: August 1
- Heart of the Park Craft Fair in Long Lake: August 1
*Note, the registration deadline for this event ends today, July 29, at 4pm.
ADK Newsy Tidbits on StreetFest, Fishing Clinic, Art Exhibition & More
Ticonderoga Gears Up for 12th Annual StreetFest
Ticonderoga’s famous StreetFest is slated for this Saturday, July 31. The event includes sidewalk sales, arts and crafts, a variety of food and other vendors, kids activities, and nonstop entertainment. Click through to the event listing to see this year’s live music schedule!
Note: The Ticonderoga Police Department posted on Facebook that there will be no parking allowed on Montcalm Street from the intersection of Champlain Avenue to the intersection with Lake George Avenue on the 31st from 5am to 4pm.
There’s a Free Fishing Clinic This Saturday
The DEC is hosting a Free Fishing Clinic at Lake Colby on Sunday, August 1. Kids are welcome, but parents need to stay with them (no drop offs). Learn the skills before you commit to a fishing license, or get your kids into a hobby you already know and love!
New Exhibition Coming Up at the Adirondack Artists Guild
The Adirondack Artists Guild will present works by Meg Bernstein during the month of August, with the exhibition opening on August 6. The artist will be at the gallery on Main Street in Saranac Lake on that day from 11am to 6pm. If you enjoy paintings with trees, mountain views, and lots of nature, check it out!
“A slow awakening from a year of turmoil inspired these works in acrylics,” Bernstein said in a statement. “They represent my new appreciation of life around me as a resident of my neighborhood home…most are inspired by the immediate world between Glenwood and Kiwassa Roads in Saranac Lake where I live.”
IRONMAN Will Return to Lake Placid in 2022
After some debate about whether or not Lake Placid will host IRONMAN next year, the verdict is in: the triathlon is here to stay, at least for 2022. Sun Community News reports that an agreement has been reached by all towns the race impacts, the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST), and the IRONMAN Group. The next IRONMAN Lake Placid is slated for July 24, 2022.
Saratoga Springs Real Estate Company Expands to Schroon Lake
Julie & Co. Realty, LLC of Saratoga Springs is opening a second location on Main Street in Schroon Lake, where the new venture will focus on residential resale properties, commercial, lake properties, condominiums, and secondary homes.
“I am thrilled to now bring Julie & Co. Realty, LLC to the Adirondacks,” owner Julie Bonacio said in a statement. Bonacio has been in the real estate business for nearly 30 years.
- Sun Community News: IRONMAN agreement extended for one year