The Ice Palace at the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival may be the highlight of weekend happenings! But, it’s also Valentine’s Day Weekend – check out what’s going on around the Adirondack Park.
Find Winter Carnivals, Valentine’s Day Specials & More ADK Events
Here’s what’s happening:
- Can/Am Lake Placid Adult Pond Hockey Tournament: February 10 – 13
- Long Lake Ice Fishing Derby: February 12
- ADK Trap & Bait Shop Ice Fishing Competition: February 12
- Frosty Fest Snowman Competition in Potsdam: February 12
- Lake George Winter Carnival – Weekend 2: February 12 & 13
- Valentine’s Day at Garnet Hill Lodge: February 12 – 14
- Saranac Lake Winter Carnival: through February 13
- Valentine’s Day at Campfire Adirondack: February 14
- Citizens Series Snowshoe & Cross Country Race at North Creek Ski Bowl: February 16
- Lake George Winterfest: through March 11
Browse the full events calendar >>
See more Valentine’s Day specials and events >>
Check out the Adirondack Valentine’s Day Guide >>
What’s New With the Winter Carnival & More Frosty Fun Around the Park
Enjoy the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival & Ice Palace
The Ice Palace is up and the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival is underway through February 13 with the theme “Totally 80s.” New this year, there is a Winter Carnival Suncatcher Contest, check it out at the display area to the left of the Ice Palace, and a Winter Carnival History Hut and Gift Shop.
High Falls Gorge & Ausable Chasm Get a Shoutout From Syracuse.com
Syracuse.com recently highlighted 11 Upstate New York waterfalls “frozen in time,” and High Falls Gorge in Wilmington and Ausable Chasm near Keeseville made the list, specifically shouting out the Main Falls and Rainbow Falls respectively. Both of these waterfalls are undoubtedly must-visit attractions if you’re visiting the Adirondacks in the winter.
Get details on visiting High Falls Gorge >>
See Ausable Chasm rates and hours >>
Gore Mountain Hosts Significant Ski & Snowboarding Events
Gore Mountain is hosting the US Ski & Snowboard Holeshot Cross Tour through February 11, followed by the United States of America Snowboard & Freeski Association Futures Tour February 13 through 18. Both of these competitions are test events for the FISU World University Games in January 2023.
“Recent terrain and infrastructure improvements have allowed for Gore to host events of this level,” Mike Pratt, Olympic Regional Development Authority’s President and CEO said in a statement. “We are excited about Gore’s future and its new certifications for hosting a range of prestigious athletic events.”
Adirondack Mountain Club Celebrates 100 Years With a Challenge
The Adirondack Mountain Club turns 100 this year, and they’re launching a fundraiser to commemorate the anniversary. The 100 Mile Challenge invites you to walk, run, hike, paddle, or pedal (or any other form of movement) 100 miles in 100 days between May 29 and September 5, 2022. Raise $100 or more in sponsorships and you can get a 100 Mile Challenge Patch.
See more details here: https://secure.qgiv.com/event/adk100milechallenge/
Make the most of winter before spring arrives >>
- Syracuse.com: See Upstate NY waterfalls frozen in time, thanks to chilling temperatures