When and where
Date and time
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
About this event
Back for its third year, wander into an enchanting, illuminated, winter wonderland to explore the sights and sounds of Wild Lights, presented by Merrill L. Thomas, Inc.. Thousands of lights transform the campus into a twinkling, family-friendly experience that is sure to become a holiday tradition for North Country families.
Once the sun goes down, Wild Lights sets The Wild Center ablaze with thousands of twinkling lights, nearly double the amount of last year, turning the surrounding area into an illuminated paradise.
New this year: a light tunnel across Rainbow Bridge!
2022 & 2023 Dates
- Fridays and Saturdays from November 25 to February 25
- Open every day during Winter Week – December 16 to December 23
- Open every day during Holiday Week – December 26 to December 31
- Open every day during World University Games Week – January 13 to January 21
- Open every day during President’s Week – February 17 to February 25
- 5pm to 8pm (an extra hour compared to last year!)
More Attractions & Special Events
The looped trail with over 130 trees wrapped in colorful lights includes a new musical composition from Whatever Penny titled Taiga, creating a magical three-dimensional winter soundscape.
The award-winning, elevated and accessible platform has been strung with tens of thousands of lights and features new photo-worthy winter installations.
Stroll through Patrick Dougherty’s “Hopscotch," outlined in glowing lights.
New this year, guests can head inside the Wild Center to warm up with hot drinks, tasty food, and interactive light-up pieces, such as an oversized Lite Brite. The Wild Supply Co. will be open for shopping, as well as the Living River Trail where guests can watch the North American River Otters play.
Friday Nights Lights & Flights
The Wild Center will host three special events featuring local breweries: Friday Nights Lights and Flights will take place on December 30, January 20, and February 24, for guests 21 and older.
- November 25 (Member Day): Free for All Members
- November 26 to February 25: $5 Adults, free for children under 18
- Adults $10, Youth $5, Children 4 and under are free
Tickets are not required prior to arrival, but because of limited numbers, sell outs are anticipated. Pre-purchasing tickets also speeds up the check-in process.
The Wild Center does minimal grooming of trails. It is recommended to don appropriate footwear during the wintery months.
Admission to Wild Lights must be purchased separately from regular, daytime Wild Center admission.
Event times and information subject to change and not guaranteed.