The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Feb 2, 2019.
Please check back for updates.
The Northern Challenge Fishing Derby
About the Event
Each year, on the first Saturday in February, anglers from far and wide travel to Tupper Lake for the annual Northern Challenge Ice Fishing Derby. This Northern Pike contest populates Simon Pond with over a thousand fishermen and women who compete for the over $40,000 in cash and prizes. Whether you are a participant, or a spectator, this is a "must see" event to add to your winter calendar.
- A total of over $40,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded
- $800 is given away every hour for the largest fish
- Over $6,500 in miscellaneous door prizes, including but not limited to: power augers, ice fishing shelters, underwater camera, fish finders, a Go Pro camera system, tip-ups, gift certificates, and more
- Two 4-wheelers will also be given away as door prizes
- A "Lunker Pool" (where half of what is taken in goes to the person with the largest pike)
- Plus five 50/50 raffles
The "catch and release" Northern Challenge Ice Fishing Derby is hosted by the Tupper Lake Rod & Gun Club.
The award-winning fish from 2015 weighted in at 16.62 pounds. He was caught and released back into the water - so he's out there, growing, and waiting for you to dorp your line!
Registration begins at 4am.
In the case of unsafe ice, all prizes will be given at noon by random drawings. You must be present to win.
Questions? Contact DAve at 518.359.9715.