The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Apr 13, 2019.
Please check back for updates.
Pond Skimming Contest at Gore Mountain
Skim across Gore's biggest pond ever in this annual spring classic. Get goofy, get wet, and have fun!
- 9am to 10:30am: Registration in the Base Lodge
- 11am: Pond Skimming locations to be announced
- Coronation to follow one hour after final splash on the sundeck. Prizes include winter gear, backpacks, accessories, and more!
- Pond Kings & Queens (ages 20+)
- Pond Princes & Princesses (ages 13 to 19)
- Pond Frogs & Frogettes (ages 12 and under)
Each participant gets one splash. There will be a Costume Judge - the most important of all. Dress up!
There will also be a judge for Splash, a judge for Skim Distance, and a judge for Overall Performance.
Costume scores will break any ties, followed by Overall Performance, Splash, and then Skim Distance.
Helmets are required. A lift ticket or season pass is required. Ski poles are not permitted during your run.
A completed release form is required for all participants. Print yours from the Gore website in advance, or fill one out when you get there. Kids - be sure to have your parents sign!