It was recently announced that Governor Andrew Cuomo has awarded $443,000 in smart growth grants to eight Adirondack revitalization and preservation projects. Similar funding had been provided to planning projects in 2007 and 2010.
Photo Credit: The Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism/Lake Placid CVB (ROOST)
The following is a summarized list of the projects that received funding:
Town & Village of Tupper Lake, Franklin County
- $50,000 will be used to improve the community’s appearance and web presence.
Adirondack Historical Association with Town of Indian Lake, Hamilton County
- $75,000 will go toward the creation of a new 18,000-square-foot exhibition, set for completion in 2017.
Town of Willsboro with North Elba and Lewis, Essex County
- $74,948 will fund multi-use recreational trail creation projects.
Town of Duane, Franklin County
- $74,029 will be used to rehabilitate and stabilize historic Duane Church.
Village of Port Henry, Essex County
- $24,000 will go toward the hiring of a consulting firm to finalize the Village’s priorities.
Town of Bolton, Warren County
- $68,000 will fund construction of a public parking facility.
Town of Johnsburg, Warren County
- $37,121 will be used to improve North Creek Ski Bowl Park trails, kiosks, and signs.
Town of Moriah with Town of Willsboro and Town of Essex, Essex County
- $39,902 will go toward restoration of three historic structures.