Release your inner artist this weekend with Saranac Lake’s 2018 Artworks Studio Tours. Have you ever wondered how pottery goes from unmolded clay into a masterpiece, or how artists create fused glass pieces? Now is your chance to find out and see local, Adirondack artists hard at work!
2018 Artworks Studio Tours Schedule:
From June through November, Saranac Lake will be hosting Adirondack Art Studio Tours at the end of every month. These tours are self-guided, open to the public, and run from 10a.m. to 5p.m. Friday through Sunday. Each month will feature a different assortment of participating artists.
Customize Your Tour this Weekend, June 29th– July 1st:
This weekend features 14 talented local artists, gifted in every type of art, from jewelry design to metal manipulation.
Visit the studios of these talented artists and see their creative process:
- Mountain Farm Studios – wood carvings
- NorthWind Fine Arts – art process for painting, pastels & more
- Peter Shrope – hand-crafted pottery demos
- Adirondacks Artists Guild Gallery – multiple mediums
- Cathy Hohmeyer – cooking demonstrations
- Brenda Hollis – pottery and jewelry design
- Stephen Horne Art – acrylic landscape paintings
- BluSeed Studios – variety of mediums
- Marie Cogar – fused glass art demonstrations
- Russ Defonce – Adirondack rustic furniture building
- Tim Fortune – watercolor & oil painting
- Sandra Hildreth – plein air painting demonstration
- Anne Hughes – natural object art
- Mark Kurtz Photography – photography printing
- David Woodward – metal manipulation
Experience the Adirondacks like never before. These incredible artists will add a whole new dimension to your Adirondack experience — whether you’re a tourist or a local. Pick a few tours or visit them all! For printed maps, tour schedules, and more information visit www.saranaclakeartworks.com.