Ride for the River happens in Wilmington this weekend, there’s a new hiking/paddling challenge in Long Lake, and the Adirondacks welcomes a new diner in a prime spot.
Biking, Ice Cream, Wildlife – The ADK Has It All!
Here’s what’s coming up in the Adirondacks:
- Third Thursday ArtWalk: July 15 (and other dates)
- MLF Toyota Series on Lake Champlain: July 15 – 17
- Food Truck Fridays on the Pond: July 16 (and other dates)
- Northville Rotary Woodworking & Fine Arts Weekend: July 16 – 18
- 10th Annual Ride for the River in Wilmington: July 18
- Elizabethtown Day: July 17
- Schroon Lake Arts & Crafts Fair: July 17
- Long Lake Amazing Road Race Rally: July 21
- Inlet Ice Cream Social: July 21
- Beneath Fortress Walls at Fort Ticonderoga: July 21
- Wildlife Wednesdays at AIC – Owls: July 21
- Moth Night at AIC: July 21
2 Hiking Updates, A New Restaurant & An Adirondack-Themed Art Exhibition
The Return of the Hiker Shuttle in Keene
The Sun Community News reports the Town of Keene hiker shuttle to the Garden trailhead will start at 7am this Saturday, July 17. This service brings hikers to one of the most popular hiking areas in the Park. The shuttle will operate Saturdays and Sundays through the summer and fall hiking season and cost $10.
There’s a New Hiking & Paddling Challenge in Long Lake
The Long Lake Parks and Recreation Department has launched a Hiking & Paddling Challenge! The challenge is modeled after Bingo, with 24 activities on the card that include over 50 miles of hiking, 3 mountains, 1 fire tower, 1 Adirondack Great Camp, and 9 paddles. There are a variety of patches you can earn for participating, and completed rows can be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal.
Hikes and paddles completed in 2020 will be eligible for this challenge, so you may already have a head start! Check out more info here: https://mylonglake.com/hiking-challenge/
New Diner Fills Important Void in Blue Mountain Lake
Chef Darrell’s Mountain Diner is now open in Blue Mountain Lake, which makes the eatery the only full-service restaurant open to the public in Blue Mountain Lake. They serve breakfast all day, are also known for comfort foods like pot roast, and you can find them at 8814 State Route 30. Find the restaurant on Facebook or at chefdarrells.com for hours and more info.
Spirit of the Adirondacks Exhibition on Display Soon at BluSeed Studios
BluSeed Studios of Saranac Lake has a new exhibition going on display starting Monday, July 19. The works highlight photographers who wanted to express their connection to this unique part of the country, and pieces range from traditional and realistic, to abstract and imaginative. Gallery hours at 24 Cedar Street are Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday, from 3pm to 8pm.