There’s more than one Apple Festival happening in the Adirondacks this weekend! See what else is taking place around the Park, get details on a photo contest you can enter, and more.
Events Coming Up Around the ADK: Festivals, Art, Antiques & More
Here’s what’s slated for this weekend and beyond:
- Hitler’s Tasters at Pendragon Theatre: through September 19
- Adirondack Harvest Festival & Open Farm Week: through September 19
- Adirondack Mountains Antique Show: through September 19
- Third Thursday ArtWalk in Saranac Lake: September 16
- Warrensburg Riverfront Farmers Market Apple Festival: September 17
- Jazz at the Lake – Jazz Weekend in Lake George: September 17 – 19
- Community Wide Garage Sale in Speculator Area: September 17 – 19
- Peru Applefest: September 18
- Grand Opening of Essex Quarry Nature Preserve: September 18
- Harry Elks Ride in Brant Lake: September 18
- Paddle for Pancreatic Cancer in Old Forge: September 18
- 10th Anniversary Celebration of North Country Underground Railroad Museum: September 18
- Inlet’s Fall Festival: September 18 & 19
- Americade in Lake George: September 21 – 25
- Tupper Lake Plein Air Festival: September 22 – 26
- Adirondack Balloon Festival in Glens Falls & Queensbury: September 23 – 26
See the full events calendar >>
A Photo Contest, A Publishing Workshop & News From Ticonderoga
A Fall Photo Contest From the ADK-9 Challenge
The forces behind the ADK-9 Challenge – a dog-friendly hiking challenge – are hosting their second annual ADK-9 Fall Photo Contest. You can enter a fall-themed photo of any of the ADK-9 Challenge mountains (Bartonville, Baxter, Buck, Castle Rock, Floodwood, Jay, Moxham, Mt. Van Hoevenberg, or Silver Lake) between now and October 24th.
Get all the details and see prize info: https://www.facebook.com/theadk9challenge/posts/379930523798948
Interested in Writing & Publishing a Book?
Writing and publishing coach David Hazard will host a class at The View in Old Forge on September 19 entitled “News From the Publishing World: Tips & Tricks That Can Help You Connect.” The workshop is $65 for non-members ($40 for members).
Hazard is an international writing coach who has been launching bestselling and award-winning authors for 40 years, so he knows his stuff!
Ticonderoga FallFest Schedule Revealed
The fourth annual Ticonderoga FallFest will be on September 25. Most activities this year will take place in Bicentennial Park, including live music, kids activities and crafts, Touch a Truck, wagon rides, and a Create a Scarecrow Contest.
Fort Ticonderoga Makes History With New Marker
If you’re a Gilmore Girls fan, then you’ve heard of the DAR, or Daughters of the American Revolution. This is a real group, and representatives from the organization recently teamed up with Fort Ticonderoga to dedicate an America 250 Patriots Marker on the grounds of Fort Ticonderoga.
This is the first marker of its kind in this state, and is part of a larger, national effort the DAR is undertaking, to commemorate those who fought for independence in the American Revolution.
The 250th anniversary of the American Revolution is coming up in 2025. Fort Ticonderoga is already making plans for the celebration, and engaging in partnerships at the state and national level to mark the event.
Read more about the Patriots Marker >>