Did you know there’s a Count the Moose Scat Contest at the Adirondack Moose Festival in Indian Lake? That’s just part of the incredible (and unique!) fun coming up around the Park. Get the latest below!
Adirondack Events Coming Up: It’s All About the Fall, Fall, Fall!
A few major fall festivals are this weekend, and there’s more fun going on…
- Behind the Scenes at Up Yonda Farm: September 24
- Trekonderoga: September 24 – 26
- Americade in Lake George: through September 25
- Ticonderoga FallFest: September 25
- Applefest in Speculator: September 25
- Long Boat Regatta in Long Lake: September 25
- Free Fishing Day in NY State: September 25
- Great Adirondack Moose Festival: September 25 & 26
- Adirondack Balloon Festival: through September 26
- Tupper Lake Plein Air Festival: through September 26
- Lake Luzerne Pugs & Pumpkins: September 26
- ADKX Fall Fest: September 26
- Garnet Hill Grit Bike Race: September 26
Check out the events calendar for more >>
News Around the ADK: Foliage, Sports & Art Exhibits
Fall Foliage Hitting Mid-Point This Weekend
According to I Love NY and Adirondack Almanack, the leaf color change throughout much of the park this weekend should reach midpoint, or even up to 75% in the Lake Placid region. Tupper Lake and Saranac Lake are looking at 40 to 50% color change by the weekend, with areas south near Lake George seeing more around 20 to 30% change.
Lake Placid Will Host World Championships for Bobsledding
Lake Placid continues to be a prominent hotspot in the winter sports world! It was recently announced that Lake Placid will host the International Bobsleigh & Skeleton Federation World Championships in 2025. The Village was supposed to host the event in February of this year but it was moved to Altenberg, Germany. The last time the Championships took place in Lake Placid was 2012.
Come Enjoy the View at NorthWind Fine Arts
NorthWind Fine Arts of Saranac Lake has a new exhibition coming up for the entire month of October called Point of View. The exhibition includes works from two artists – two points of view, if you will! Shawn Lewis Halperin uses bronze, sterling, and wood in varied combinations in her jewelry that you’ll see on display. Mary Woodcock Johnson also specializes in mixed media; her mixed media wall pieces combine bark, wood, and canvas.
The gallery at 85 Main Street is open every day except Tuesday from 10am to 4pm, and meet-the-artist dates are October 6, 7, and 31 for Halperin, and October 14, 20, and 28 for Johnson.
See More Stunning (And Recent!) Art Pieces at Adirondack Artists Guild
The Adirondack Artists Guild Gallery, also in Saranac Lake, is additionally featuring a new exhibition running from October 1 to October 31. This exhibition highlights recent watercolor paintings from artist Valerie Patterson; they were all created since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The past near-two years have created “a most fertile environment” for Patterson’s works, she said in a statement.
This gallery, located at 52 Main Street, is open Monday through Saturday from 11am to 4pm, and 11am to 3pm on Sunday.
- Adirondack Almanack: Fall foliage report: Leaf change to reach midpoint in much of the Adirondacks
- Lake Placid News: Winterberg, Lake Placid awarded 2024, 2025 IBSF World Championships