See what’s happening around the Adirondack Park this weekend, including an annual event that has been rebranded.
Top 5 Events to Check Out This Weekend
Here are our prime picks for upcoming events:
This navigational competition on Long Lake is free to enter, and includes categories like Hand Paddling, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayak Races, and more. A barbecue lunch from the local Lions Club follows the event.
River Fest isn’t the only weekend event that used to be called something else. Woodsmen’s Days in Tupper Lake is now Tupper Lake Field Day, and it’s this Saturday. Attendees can expect a community-centered event “reminiscent of the Woodmen’s Field Days of years past with a modern twist.”
Adirondack Experience, the Museum on Blue Mountain Lake, has a robust vendor list for this Saturday’s festival. Check out woodworkers, distillers, decorative arts, and much more at this unique event, and stop in to see museum exhibits as well. (Attend the festival for free, and/or enjoy the museum at $18 general admission.)
This long-running event takes place at the town park in Schroon Lake. The fair is held right by the water and all profits go towards protecting and maintaining the health of the lake.
July 23 & 24
Another popular annual event, this show and sale at the View in Old Forge takes place both days this weekend and will feature furniture, camp decor, jewelry, books, fine art, taxidermy, and more.
Here’s What Else Is Happening Around the ADK
Check out more fun events:
- Seagle Festival – Sour Angelica & Gianni Schicchi: July 20 – 23
- Food Truck Fridays on the Pond: July 22
- IRONKIDS Lake Placid Fun Run: July 22
- Guided Walk at AIC – Lichens of the Northeast: July 22
- Night Hike at AIC – Nocturnal Animals: July 22
- Olympics Fun Day With Ticonderoga Youth: July 22
- Carillon Boat Cruises at Fort Ticonderoga: July 22 – 24
- Keeseville Community Art Fair: July 22 – 24
- Lake Pleasant Museum Open House: July 23
- Ironman Lake Placid: July 24