Champ Day is coming up this weekend in Port Henry, Fort Ticonderoga is gearing up for the annual King’s Garden Party, and there’s more to enjoy around the Adirondacks.
See Our Top 5 Picks for Weekend Events
August 5 – 7
There is no theme this year for Raquette Lake Durant Days. Anything goes! If it’s floats it’s considered a boat, and you can enter the boat parade for a chance to win cash prizes.
Celebrate Lake Champlain’s own Loch Ness monster at Champ Day in Port Henry! Special guests include cryptozoology investigators and other professionals in the “Champ” business, kids activities like a paint and sip and entertainment from Penelope the Clown, and much more. Find “Champ Day – The Lake Champlain Monster Festival” on Facebook to get updated details.
The King’s Garden Party at Fort Ticonderoga is always a great time, but this year there’s a little something extra special: a first look at the newly restored pavilion, a National Historic Landmark. This gala-like event supports the museum’s many educational programs and the preservation of the site.
Stony Creek Mountain Days Festival will be a bit smaller than in years past, taking place at the new location at Green Meadow Park. The lumberjack competition will be the main highlight; there’s also a women bow saw competition, and many other contests.
This is the 29th year of the Ticonderoga Area Car Show, which is much more than a car show! You’ll find food, vendors, kids activities, a duck race, and more in the gorgeous Bicentennial Park.
Browse Other Great Events in the ADK
From art to history to ice cream, there’s much more going on:
- Reception for Nancy Brossard Exhibit at ADK Artists Guild: August 5
- Opening Weekend of Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors at the View: August 5 – 7
- Essex Day: August 6
- Warren County Youth Fair in Warrensburg: August 6
- Woods Walk – Geology & Our Sense of Place at Adirondack Interpretive Center: August 6
- 100 Bird Trap Shoot in Long Lake: August 6
- Chilson Fire Department Annual Chicken BBQ in Ticonderoga: August 6
- The Daffest Raging River Duck Race in Saranac Lake: August 6
- Living History Event – Sound of 1776 at Fort Ticonderoga: August 6 & 7
- French & Indian War Encampment at Crown Pointe State Historic Site: August 6 & 7
- ADK Bark in the Park in Tupper Lake: August 7
- Heart of the Park Craft Fair in Long Lake: August 7
- Inlet Ice Cream Social: August 7