As luck would have it, plenty of exciting events are taking place in the Adirondacks this St. Patrick’s Day weekend, from community parades to block parties! Whether you fancy a lively street celebration or a relaxing night enjoying Irish fare, there’s something for everyone. Here are eight great ideas to get the party started, plus more non-Irish events!
ECAC Men’s Hockey Championship Tournament
Come cheer on your favorite men’s hockey team and see who will move on to the NCAA D1 Championships! The championship tournament is held at the Olympic Center, home to the “Miracle on Ice.” Since then, the arena has undergone various upgrades, including new seating, restrooms, a renovated concourse, modernized media and concession areas, and more!
If you missed weekend 1 of the Thurman Maple Days, no worries—weekend 2 is here! Experience farm demonstrations, tours, samples, and shopping for artisan wares. If that isn’t enough, start your morning at Valley Road Maple Farm and enjoy some delicious pancakes and sausages, available from 9 AM to 1 PM!
Parker Family Maple Farm Maple Weekends
Treat your family to an unforgettable experience at the Parker Family Maple Farm! Explore their maple festival with wagon rides, tours, and witness the process of making maple syrup and confections. Sample some sweet treats for yourself, like maple cotton candy, maple ice cream and milkshakes, and homemade maple doughnuts…don’t know about you, but our mouths are watering! Don’t miss their all-you-can-eat breakfast from 8 AM to 1 PM, where an array of breakfast items will be served.
St. Patrick’s Day Events – March 17
- St. Patrick’s Day at RF McDougall’s: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with RF McDougall’s Pub! Join them for a menu of delicious Irish favorites, including potato skins, bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie, and their special Irish seafood chowder.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at War Cannon Spirits: Party in style this St. Patrick’s Day at War Cannon Spirits. Enjoy traditional Irish cuisine, drinks like Guinness, and specialty cocktails crafted just for the occasion. They will also have live music by RC and the Ponders from 7-9 PM.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Old Forge: Kick-off St. Patrick’s Day weekend with a day full of cheer at the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Main Street in Old Forge. With spectacular floats, creative parade entries, and specialty dishes from local restaurants & taverns, you won’t want to miss out on all this fun-filled action.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Garnet Hill Lodge: Dress in your greenest attire and join Garnet Hill Lodge this St. Patrick’s Day for a night of good vibes, drinks, and food. Enjoy happy hour specials on beer, wine, and appetizers from 5-7 PM before delving into their amazing dinner menu. Bring your appetite!
St. Patrick’s Day Events – March 17 & 18
- Sham ‘Rock’ the Block: Head to Duffy’s Tavern in Lake George for the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Savor authentic Irish fare, dance to live music, and enjoy a performance by the Wild Irish Step Dancers. The tavern will also have drink promotions, a keg toss, cornhole, and firepits to keep warm.
St. Patrick’s Day Events – March 18
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Saranac Lake: Saranac Lake is bringing back its beloved St. Patrick’s Day Parade this weekend. Join the local organizations in celebrating Irish roots, and dress in your finest green attire for this fun-filled parade.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration With Your In-Laws: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with friends and family at the In-Law Brewing Company this Saturday. Wear green and immerse yourself in an Irish celebration with food from Gideon’s Galley, plenty of drinks, and cozy tents with fires to keep you warm.
- Irish Road Bowling in Indian Lake: Try your hand at traditional Irish Road Bowling in Indian Lake this weekend. This fun and challenging game takes place on an open country road featuring various obstacles that require smart strategizing from teams of four to get the ball rolling (literally!) with underhanded throws. There will also be music, food, and a 50/50 raffle.
What Else is Happening in the Area:
- Live at the Great Hall Bar: Fulton’s Folly: March 17
- Mt Van Hoevenberg To Host Sliding Events: Through March 26
- Quilt Block Challenge – Celebrating the Great Outdoors: Through March 29
- Rippin & Sippin at Gore Mountain: Through April 1
- GALLERY | Johnsburg Central School Student Exhibit | Widlund Gallery | Presented by TPC: Through April 8
Find other events happening in the Adirondacks >>