The information you are viewing for this event is from Thursday, Sep 17, 2020.
Please check back for updates.
CANCELED: 21st Annual Ausable River Two-Fly Challenge
Please note, this event has been canceled for 2020. It will return on May 13 - 15, 2021.
Get the Event Details
It's the 21st year of fishing, storytelling, and raising money to preserve the West Branch of the Ausable River!
Included in your weekend registration is a special collectors glass, a participant shirt, and all weekend activities: welcome party, comedy night, banquet with raffles, and two days of fly fishing.
There are four divisions to choose from: Junior Division (15 and younger, not required to have a fishing license in New York State, parent or legal guardian must be present with the child at all times both on and off the water), Competitive Division (for professional fisherman or anyone who has won the Two Fly Challenge within the past five years), Women's Division, and Men's Division.
Check Out the Schedule
Thursday the 17th
- 6pm: Welcome party at the Wilmington Town Beach featuring a bonfire, food trucks, beer vendors, and live music
Friday the 18th
- 6:30am: Check-in at Visitors Bureau and receive fishing packet, then off to fish for the day
- Fly Tyers reception in the evening at Whiteface Mountain where you'll meet Fly Tyers and learn the tricks of the trade
- Comedy night to relax after a day of fishing and listen to fun stories from well-known comedian Mark Poolos
Saturday the 19th
- Morning check-in to receive new score card followed by another day of fishing
- Two Fly banquet complete with a full dinner, awards, prizes, raffles, and a silent auction
Get more info and register: https://www.active.com/wilmington-ny/other-endurance/21st-annual-ausable-river-2-fly-challenge-2020