The Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll!
||Visit the Adirondacks this season for the Lake Placid Holiday Stroll!
LAKE PLACID NY -- Enjoy a festive holiday celebration in Lake Placid when you visit the annual Lake Placid Holiday Stroll, taking place December 6 - 8, 2013!
Fun will be had by all, with music, shows, children's activities, specialty shopping and lively nightlife entertainment planned for the weekend. See below for a Holiday Village Stroll events schedule. Most events are free unless otherwise noted!
Local restaurants will be featuring special events, including holiday happy hours, wine tastings, gourmet food samplings and live music all weekend long. There will also be strolling characters, perfect for holiday photos!
Many area hotels offer special getaway packages for the Lake Placid Holiday Stroll weekend.
View all Adirondack loging specials »
Holiday Village Stroll Events Schedule
Friday, December 6th
- 5:00-7:00 pm Opening Artistsâ€™ Celebration at the Northwoods Inn - Viewing throughout the weekend
- 6:00-7:00 pm Craft time with the Historical Society and the Lake Placid - Olympic Museum at the Olympic Museum
- 6:30-8:30 pm Holiday Skating Party at the Olympic Center - Bring your skates. Rentals available.
Saturday, December 7th
- 8:30 am Jingle Bell Run/Walk, Village Beach - Registration starting at 7 am or on Active.com - Benefit for Adirondack Health â€œFit for Lifeâ€�*
- 10-11:00 am Ornament making inspired by Olympic Medals at the Olympic Museum
- 11-11:30 am Holiday Story Time at the Mirror Lake Inn
- 12-1:00 pm Santa arrives on a Fire Truck at Mid's Park - Complimentary hot chocolate & holiday music
- 1-2:30 pm Children's Holiday Crafts at High Peaks Resort
- 1-2:00 pm Main Street Tastings from area restaurants
- 2:30-3:30 pm Gift Wrapping & Wine Tasting at The Pines Inn
- 3:00-4:00 pm Free Holiday Movies at LPCA
- 4:30 pm High Peaks Resort Yule Log Hunt ~ a community tradition - Meet at the corner of Saranac Ave. and Main St. to learn the history and join the hunt
- 5:00 pm Mid's Park Holiday Celebration: Tree Lighting with Santa, Special Performance by Lake Placid School Chorus, and Lighting of the Yule Log
- 7:30 pm The Nutcracker Ballet at LPCA*
Sunday, December 8th
- 8:30-10:30 am Breakfast with Santa at participating hotels*
- 8:30-4:00 pm Super Sunday at Whiteface Mountain. $40 lift tickets, slope-side games and food and drink specials*
- 10 am-1:00 pm Candy House making at Generations, with purchase of breakfast*
- 11:00 am Matinee showing of "THE POLAR EXPRESS" at the Palace Theater
- 1:00 pm The Nutcracker Ballet at LPCA*
- 5:00 pm Skating Show, Coronation of King and Queen at the Olympic Center ($8 adults/$5 kids)*
*Charges may apply; schedule subject to change
For more information on the Lake Placid Holiday Stroll, contact the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau at 518-523-2445.
Remember, there is free parking on Main Street in Lake Placid through Christmas.
« Back To the Adirondack.net Holiday Guide