The 2017 Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll
Enjoy a festive holiday celebration in Lake Placid, NY when you experience the annual Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll, taking place December 8th - 10th, 2017.
Fun will be had by all with music, shows, holiday activities, shopping promotions, and lively nightlife entertainment planned for the three-day weekend. See the events schedule for the Holiday Village Stroll below. Most events are free unless otherwise noted.
Holiday Village Stroll 2017 Events Schedule
Friday, December 8th
- 5:00pm-7:00pm - Skating Party in the 1932 Arena (bring your skates, rentals are available) - Sponsored by McDonalds
7:30pm - Stella Artois Music Series at participating locations throughout town - Sponsored by Saratoga Eagle*
Saturday, December 9th
- 8:30am - Jingle Bell Run/Walk at the Village Beach
- Registration starts at 7:00am - Benefit for Adirondack Health "Fit For Life"*
- Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to donate to deserving local families
- Sponsored by Lake Placid Marathon
- 8:30am-10:30am - Breakfast with Santa at the Hotel North Woods*
- 9:00am-3:00pm - Craft and Vendor Fair at the Adirondack Community Church**
- 10:00am-11:00am - Ornament making inspired by Olympic Medals at the Olympic Museum
- 11:00am-11:30am - Holiday Story Time at the Mirror Lake Inn
- 12:00pm-1:00pm - Santa arrives on a Fire Truck at Mid's Park
- 12:30pm-2:00pm - Children's Holiday Crafts at High Peaks Resort - Sponsored by the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- 2:00pm-3:00pm - Create Holiday Greeting Cards at the Lake Placid Public Library
- 2:30pm-4:00pm - Soup, Chili & Chowder Tasting/Competition on Main Street
- 2:30pm-3:30pm - Gift Wrapping & Wine Tasting at The Pines Inn
- 4:30pm - High Peaks Resort Yule Log Hunt
- 5:00pm - Mid's Park Holiday Celebration: Tree Lighting & Special Performance by the Lake Placid School Chorus - Sponsored by Lake Placid Family Dental
- 5:30pm-7:30pm - Cookie Decorating and hot chocolate for kids, hot Glogg wine and snacks for adults on the second floor lobby of Hotel North Woods
- 9:00pm - Stella Artois Music Series at participating locations throughout town - Sponsored by Saratoga Eagle*
Sunday, December 10th
- 8:30am-10:30am - Breakfast with Santa at the Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa (advance reservations are required)*
- 8:30am-10:30am - Breakfast with Santa at Dancing Bears Restaurant
- 8:30am-4:00pm - Special Holiday Stroll offers at Whiteface Mountain:
- Dress as Santa for the day for a free lift ticket
- Bring a coat to donate and enjoy buy-one, get-one-free lift tickets for the day
- 10:00am-1:00pm - Candy House making at Generations, with purchase of breakfast
- 11:00am - Free matinee showing of "The Polar Express" at The Palace Theatre with free popcorn and special gift for the first 150 kids (doors open at 10:30am) - Sponsored by The Palace Theatre and the Lake Placid Christmas Company
- 5:00pm-7:00pm - Free Community Dinner & Silent Auction at The Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort**
Live bands will be playing at various restaurants throughout Lake Placid during the Holiday Village Stroll as part of the Stella Artois Music Series sponsored by Saratoga Eagle.
*Charges may apply; schedule subject to change.
**All proceeds benefit youth from the Adirondack Community Church traveling on mission trips in 2018.
If you're interested in staying in the region during the Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll, there are more than a few lodging options available.