Thurman Maple Days Weekend 1
Get the Details
Celebrate the start of of the 2020 spring season at Thurman Maple Days, where nature is a way of life, and sugaring is second nature.
For three weekends in a row, the five largest maple syrup producers in the Adirondack region and five nearby farms open their doors to the public for Thurman Maple Days. Celebrate spring with free tours, tastings, and demonstrations, with a vast array of food and souvenirs available to take home.
During this three weekend celebration, you'll be able to taste the finest maple syrup, watch maple tree sawmill operations, and even taste sheep cheese and hang out with llamas. As a self-guided tour, you'll be in the driver's seat and have the ability to visit all farms or spend your time at the ones you enjoy most. Follow the arrow signs at nearly every corner in town.
- Weekend 1: Saturday, March 14th & Sunday, March 15th
- Weekend 2: Saturday, March 21st & Sunday, March 23rd
- Weekend 3: Saturday, March 30th & Sunday, March 31st
Stay tuned for 2020 details as they become available! For more of an idea of what to expect, check out last year's information:
2019 Participating Farms
The town of Thurman is 20 minutes from Lake George via the Adirondack Northway (I-87). Take exit 23 to New York State Route 9 to Route 418 and follow the sign posts.
2019 Maple Farms
- Adirondack Gold Maple Farm, 74 Bear Pond Road, Athol, NY 12810
- Hidden Hollow Maple Farm, 312 Dippikill Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885
- Mud Street Maple Farm, 269 Mud Street, Athol, NY 12810
- Toad Hill Maple Farm, 137 Charles Olds Road, Athol, NY 12810
- Valley Road Maple Farm, 190 Valley Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885 (start here for breakfast at 9am)
2019 Other Farms & Activities
- Blackberry Hill Farm & Sanctuary, 15 Mud Street, Athol, NY 12810 - tours and samples
- Martin's Lumber and Certified Tree Farm, 280 Valley Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885 - showcasing Silviculture, the monitoring and science of woodlands and farms, sawmill operation
- Nettle Meadow Farm, 484 South Johnsburg Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885 - farm tours and sheep/goat cheese tasting
- Peru Llama Farm, 661 High Street, Athol, NY 12810 - hang out with a llama named Critter, and if you're lucky, snag a kiss
- Whitefields Farm, 95 Mountain Road, Athol, NY 12810 - sausage samples, tours of the barn, and processing area; tractor wagon ride around the farm, weather permitting (Only open March 23rd & 24th)
2019 Pancake Breakfasts
Pancake breakfasts are served each of the maple days, from 9am to 1pm, at Valley Road Maple Farm. Enjoy pancakes, pure local maple syrup, and maple sausages from Oscar's Smokehouse.
2019 Thurman Maple Sugar Party
The Thurman Maple Sugar Party is on Saturday, March 16th, from 4pm to 9pm, or until all served, at Thurman Town Hall, 311 Athol Road, Athol, NY 12810. This is a buffet serving old-fashioned jack wax dessert - traditionally called "sugar on snow." Live music will be provided by Hod Ovitt and The Warren County Ramblers.