Wakely Dam Ultra Marathon
About the Event
The Wakely Dam Ultra is a 55K ultra marathon through the Adirondack Park wilderness of New York State. It takes place along a remote section of the Northville Placid Trail between Piseco Lake and the Wakely Dam.
The race is totally self supported, all runners will provide their own aid. It is a technical trail race with 9,111 feet of total elevation change. There are no cross roads, when you enter at the Wakely Dam there are only two ways out - emerge at the Piseco Airport or return from whence you came.
Adding your name to the list of nearly 400 runners who have conquered Wakely will take a fair amount of fitness, planning, toughness, and maybe even a little bit of luck.
Included with your registration fee is:
- Race tee-shirt
- Two meals - pre-race pasta and post-race party for runners and their families
- Transportation to start line on race morning
- And more
Schedule of Events
Friday, July 26th
- 4pm: Athletes can begin checking in at The Piseco Airport. If you're unable to be there, they'll have your packet at the start line.
- 4pm to 6pm: Pre-race pawsta meal and meet and greet with your fellow runners
- 5:30pm: Course updates and partinent information with RD Doug
Please note there is no overnight parking at the airport.
Saturday, July 27th
- 4:30am: Coffee will be provided, please bring your own travel mug to enjoy during the bus ride (WDU staff will bring the mug and any other miscellaneous items to the finish line)
- 4:45am: Bus arrives at Piseco Airport
- 5am: Bus departs Piseco Airport (bus leaves promptly)
- 6:15am: Photo at dam
- 6:30am: Race start
Find more information at ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=64198