Ironman Lake Placid
IRONMAN Lake Placid is a three-part challenge, and is the longest-running American event (aside from the IRONMAN World Championship)! The unique course includes a transition and finish line on the Olympic Speed skating Oval, a beautiful swim in Mirror Lake, a challenging bike ride through the Adirondacks, and an equally difficult run.
Registration information: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/lake-placid/register.aspx#axzz5gI6UNNEk
Stay tuned for 2019 Information as it comes available! Here's last year's info:
Distances and Courses:
- 2.4-Mile Swim
- This two-loop swim takes place in Mirror Lake, and is an excellent spectator course. Athletes must exit the water and run on the beach before entering the swim entrance for their second lap.
- 112-Mile Bike
- The two-loop bike course takes cyclists through the surrounding hills of the Adirondacks, each lap culminating with the 11-mile climb up "the notch" from Wilmington back to the transition area.
- 26.2-Mile Run
- The two-loop run course brings runners through the city center four times. Runners pass the famed Olympic ski jumps, head down to the turnaround on River Road, and then back up to the turnaround on the shores of Mirror Lake.
For the Kids:
- The IRONKIDS fun run date is July 20. Learn more >>
Where to Park:
- Parking is available in several satellite lots with free shuttle bus access for athletes and spectators. These parking areas include Wesvalley Road near Cummins Road, John Brown’s Farm, LP Center for Arts Lot A or Wesvalley Road Lot B, and Lake Placid Elementary School on Old Military Road
- Free shuttles will be running from 4:00am Sunday - 1:00am Monday
Where to Watch:
- Swim Course:
- Lake Placid Club Drive (near the Lake Placid Club Resort Entrance)
- Parkside Drive (by the Beach House)
- The carpeted section of Lake Placid Club Drive (near Town Hall)
- Bike Course:
- Colden Avenue (Main Street side)
- Main Street (near the Post Office)
- River Street (near Route 73 and Lake Placid Club Drive)
- Run Course
- Main Street
- Lake Placid Club Drive
- Cascade Road (Route 73)
- Finish line in the Olympic Oval
- Main Street (at the south end of the ORDA Skating building)
- Cummins Road (west of ORDA Box Office toward the high school)