Ticonderoga Area North Country Christmas
Nothing rings in the holiday season like an all-out, week-long celebration, and the Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting just that on November 30 - December 8, 2019
During the annual North Country Christmas, many local Ticonderoga organizations and businesses will be sponsoring a wide variety of events that are family-friendly and open to the public.
Stay tuned for the 2019 schedule as it becomes available! For an idea of what to expect, here are last year's details:
2018 North Country Christmas Schedule
Saturday, November 24
Small Business Saturday - Ticonderoga Area
- Support local businesses and organizations - many are offering Promotions and Specials. Get and complete your Small Business Saturday Passport for a chance to win prizes.
Sunday, November 25
Bodette’s Outdoor Winter BBQ
- Ticonderoga Community Building (4:30 PM - 6:30 PM)
- Winter BBQ with hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and beverages for purchase.
- Ticonderoga Community Building (5:00 PM - 5:30 PM)
- Come to the Tree Lighting early for a Christmas Craft in the lobby.
- Sponsored by 52 Smiles.
Rockin' Tree Lighting w/ DJ Cruz
- Ticonderoga Community Building (5:30 PM)
- Music provided by DJ Cruz! Free refreshments sponsored by Dunkin Donuts. First 20 people will receive a candy cane and a special gift! All kids in attendance will help count down to the tree lighting.
Holiday Hay Rides
- Ticonderoga Community Building (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM)
- Enjoy Holiday Wagon Rides following the Tree Lighting and continue to listen to Holiday Music.
- Sponsored by the Sawyer Family.
Monday, November 26
Farmers Market at the Co-Op
- Ticonderoga Natural Foods Co-Op (11:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
- 10% off your local products. Meet the producers. Battenkill eggnog will be in stock and available to taste.
Christmas Creation Make & Take
- The Country Florist & Gifts (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
- Pick a milk bottle candle (pick your scent), metal holder (holds candle, empty jar for arrangement and has a card/picture clip on top), and make a simple festive holiday arrangement. Reserve your spot (offered every 30 minutes) by contacting The Country Florist & Gifts. Cost is $35.00 Per Person/Make & Take. Visit their Facebook or Instagram page for more details.
Tuesday, November 27
Canadian Pacific Holiday Train
- Ticonderoga Train Station (3:10 PM)
- Port Henry Train Station (4:30 PM)
- Times are approximate per Canadian Pacific Railway. Food Pantry donations accepted.
Wednesday, November 28
Family Holiday Book Reading
- Black Watch Library (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
- Join the Black Watch Library in Ticonderoga for Family Holiday Stories. Families are welcome to attend and children are encouraged to come in their pajamas. Snacks provided. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Thursday, November 29
4th of July In December Chicken BBQ
- Best 4th In The North Committee Fundraising Event
- Knights of Columbus Ticonderoga - 5:00 PM to Sold Out
- Join us for a 4th of July BBQ In December. Take out available. $12 includes 1/2 chicken, potato, coleslaw, roll and cookie.
Ornament Making at Santa's Workshop with the Elves
- Sugar & Spice Country Shoppe (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
- Family Ornament Making and Painting with local artist Deb Mackey. Bring an apron or art shirt.
- Refreshments will be served. Visit their Facebook page for more details. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Holiday Trivia Night
- Maddens Pub (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Contact Maddens Pub to sign up your team. Specials and promotions will be offered. Visit their Facebook page for more details.
Friday, November 30
Holiday Shopping & Dining Night - Shop & Dine Local
- Participating businesses are open until 8:00 PM. Specials and promotions - participating businesses will have a Snowflake displayed. For a list of participating businesses get your Holiday Shopping & Dining Guide.
Holiday Farmers' Market
- Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Visit the Ti Area Farmers' Market for a special Holiday Market. Farmers and Vendors will be set up inside the Chamber Office offering an array of local products for the holidays.
Parade of Lights
- Ticonderoga Business Districts and Surrounding Areas (6:00 PM - 7:30 PM)
- Come out and enjoy the parade of lights along with holiday music. Businesses, organizations, and community members are encouraged to participate (vehicles, floats, etc.).
Ticonderoga Heritage Museum & Ti Arts Holiday Gift Shoppe
- Ticonderoga Arts Gallery (10:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
- The Ticonderoga Heritage Museum will join the Ticonderoga Arts Gallery in Downtown Ticonderoga for a Christmas Shoppe. Adirondack artists are represented in the many gifts such as books, jewelry, pottery, wood products, children’s games, and more. An adorable child size Adirondack chair, painted as a box of Crayola crayons, will be raffled as part of the weekend.
- Also open Saturday, December 1 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Saturday, December 1
Tromblee's Greenhouse & Gift Shop Holiday Open House
- Tromblee's Crown Point (10:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Refreshments, Door Prizes and Discounts up to 30% Off on everything in the shop. Free picture with Santa on Saturday, December 1 from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM with Nancy Frasier Photography, face painting and kids crafts from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday with Maiden By The Lake.
- Also taking place on Sunday, December 2 from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Holiday Movie Theater Night
- Best Western Plus Ticonderoga (5:00 PM)
- Brought to you by the Best Western and the Ticonderoga Festival Guild.
- Wear your pajamas and bring a blanket! Pizza, Hot Chocolate and Soda will be available for purchase.
- Brief educational presentation prior to the movie. Free popcorn for all! Scarf and Hat donations will be accepted for the Elks Program. Proceeds of food sales to benefit the Ticonderoga Festival Guild and Ticonderoga Food Pantry. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Holiday In Hague
- Hague, NY (Starting at 10:00 AM)
- Christmas Tree Decorating, Parade, Tree Lighting, Christmas Party and more.
Sunday, December 2
Annual SantaFest & Photos with Santa
- Ticonderoga Community Building (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
- Music, Games, Crafts, Photos with Santa and More! In coordination with Silver Bay YMCA, Ticonderoga Festival Guild, Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union, Glens Falls National Bank, Patrick Ida, CPA, Nancy Frasier Photography, Ticonderoga Central School, Ticonderoga Arts and Kiwanis. Refreshments sponsored by Wal-Mart. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Festival of Trees Open House & Champagne Reception
- Hancock House (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM)
- Over 30 trees, centerpieces and gingerbread houses will be on display providing a magical holiday atmosphere. Refreshments will be served. Visit their Facebook page for more details.