- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- For the top: 2 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, amd salt into a bowl.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 20 (1 3/4-inch) balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.