The information you are viewing for this event is from Sunday, Oct 13, 2019.
Please check back for updates.
Annual Adirondack Loon Celebration
The Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation invites one and all to celebrate Common Loons, the fascinating icon of the Adirondacks.
This free, fun-filled “loony” day will feature activities for the whole family, including:
- 1-4:30pm: Visit with Adirondack Loon Center staff
- Children's crafts, “Lila Loon” scavenger hunt, and activities
- Review of silent auction items
- Food available for purchase by Matt Cressey of Farm StrEats
- Music by Rustic Riders
- 2-3:30pm: Presentation by Loon Naturalist Extraordinaire, Ellie George: “Adirondack Loons—from Ice-out to Freeze-up”
- 3:30-4:30pm: Concert by Rustic Riders, children’s activities, reception, and silent auction
- 4:30pm: Drawing of the winning raffle ticket for a beautiful loon photograph and end of silent auction!
“We are thrilled to have Ellie George give her fantastic presentation highlighting her observations of Adirondack loons over the years,” said Dr. Nina Schoch, Director of the Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation, “And we are looking forward to hearing Rustic Riders’ music, especially their loon song, as well as enjoying the excellent food by Farm StrEats.”
Anyone who turns in an ounce or more of lead fishing tackle will be entered in a raffle to win a beautiful loon photograph by Dr. Nina Schoch.
Special prizes will be awarded to anyone who arrives in a loon costume or wants to show off their loon calls!
The Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation conducts scientific research and engaging educational programming to further the conservation of Common Loons (Gavia immer) in and beyond New York’s Adirondack Park.