Ausable Point Campground, located on the shoreline of Lake Champlain near Plattsburgh, is an ideal location for camping, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and more.
Situated on a peninsula on Lake Champlain, Ausable Point Campground boasts views of Valcour Island and Garden (also known as Battleship) Island. Campers can visit nearby Ausable Chasm, see landmarks associated with the American Revolution, or take a 20-minute drive north to Plattsburgh.
Please note, swimming is closed for the season at this campground as of August 22, 2021.
- Fishing (largemouth and smallmouth bass, northern pike, bullhead perch, lake and brown trout, salmon, bluegill, walleye, carp, smelt, eel, crappie, and more)
- Boating (canoes, rowboats, sailboats, and motor boats)
- Hiking at the nearby Wickman Marsh Wildlife Management Area
- Birdwatching at the nearby Valcor Island Bird Conservation Area
- Wind surfing at Stone Jetty
- Swimming at a sand beach
- Playing basketball at on-site court
- 123 campsites
- car top boat launch
- picnic area
- pavillion rentals
- restrooms with hot showers
- recycling center
- trailer dump station
- 2 accessible sites and various amenities