Fish Creek Pond Campground, located in the heart of the Adirondack Park near Saranac Lake, is surrounded by stunning scenery, a series of interconnected ponds, and plenty of recreational opportunities.
The campsites at Fish Creek Pond Campground dot the shorelines of both Square Pond and Fish Creek Pond, two small bodies of water connected by a channel. They are closely surrounded by a myriad of other connected bodies of water, including Follensby Clear Pond, Upper Saranac Lake, Copperas Pond, Black Pond, Whey Pond, Rollins Pond, Polliwog Pond, Horseshoe Pond, and more. To the north lies the Saint Regis Canoe Area, while the village of Saranac Lake is only a short drive away.
Note, swimming closes for the season at this campground on August 15, 2021.
- Boating on Fish Creek Pond (canoes, rowboats, and motor boats)
- Canoeing on local routes
- Hiking trails starting from or located near the campground
- Fishing for northern pike, black bass, and pan fish in Square Pond, Fish Creek Pond, and Rollins Pond
- Fishing for landlocked salmon, lake trout, northern pike, black bass, and pan fish in Upper Saranac Lake
- Fishing for brook trout and rainbow trout in Whey Pond and Black Pond
- Swimming at a sandy beach located on Fish Creek Pond's eastern shoreline
- Playing basketball or volleyball at designated areas
- Participating in recreation activities programming from July through Labor Day
- 355 campsites (for tents and RVs up to 40')
- restrooms with hot showers (from the end of May to Columbus Day)
- a beach, picnic area, and playround on the eastern shore of Fish Creek Pond
- a boat launch at the northeastern corner of Fish Creek Pond
- boat/canoe rentals
- firewood sales
- trailer dumping station
- Accessible amenities