Surround yourself with the beauty of the northwestern Adirondacks at Saranac Lake Islands Campground, a destination that's perfect for boating, fishing, and hiking.
The 87 campsites of Saranac Lake Islands Campground are scattered along the shorelines and islands of Middle and Lower Saranac Lakes. Boaters and paddlers can explore the two lakes, as well as other nearby lakes, thanks to a series of locks and carries.
- Boating (canoes, rowboats, and motor boats)
- Fishing (northern pike, largemouth and smallmouth bass, pickerel, bullhead, and yellow perch)
- Hiking nearby trails in the Saranac Lake Wild Forest and the High Peaks Wilderness Area
- 87 island and shoreline campsites; five of them are lean-tos
- 5 day-use sites
- a comfort station located at the parking lot off Route 3 between First and Second Ponds
- boat launch (accessible)
- firewood sales
- 2 accessible campsites