This week’s upcoming events include the Smoke Eaters Jamboree, an Arts Festival, a fishing event at 13th Lake, and more. Plus, there are other fun happenings to know about throughout the Adirondack Park.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Blueberry Festival at the Warrensburg Farmers Market: July 23
- Food Truck Fridays in Brant Lake: July 23 (and other dates)
- Smoke Eaters Jamboree in Warrensburg: July 23 & 24
- Trekonderoga – William Shatner’s 90th Birthday Celebration: July 23 – 25
- Keeseville Community Arts Festival: July 23 – 25
- Gate Lodge Tours at Camp Santanoni: July 24
- I Fish NY at 13th Lake: July 24
- Adirondack Artisan Festival at Adirondack Experience: July 24
- Ironman Lake Placid: July 25
- Clinton County Fair: July 27 – August 1
Activity Suggestion: Whitewater Rafting With Adirondack River Outfitters
Adirondack River Outfitters of North River posted on Tuesday that thanks to recent rains the water is at a “spectacular level.” Book with them this week or as soon as you can to take advantage of great whitewater rafting conditions you’d typically see in the spring, but with the warmer summer weather.
Also, they’re running a sweepstakes right now where you could win a whitewater rafting trip!
3 Newsy Tidbits: Enter a Photo Contest, Keep an Eye Out for Moose & Get Traffic Updates for This Sunday
You Can Enter a Town of Newcomb Photo Contest
The Town of Newcomb is looking for stunning photographs of landscapes, landmarks, wildlife, and outdoor activities that highlight the Newcomb area.
Send up to three photos along with their titles, your name, address, phone, email, and location to email@example.com by 5pm on September 22. Keep file size to 10MB. The winner receives a gift certificate up to $30 redeemable at a participating Newcomb business.
Camp Santanoni is probably what Newcomb is best known for. Stretch your photo skills there, or think outside the box and find more great nature hotspots in Newcomb!
See a Moose? Don’t Just Grab a Photo – Report It!
Speaking of Adirondack photography, don’t just take a photo for a social media post if you manage to see a moose this season – report the sighting to the DEC! They’re working with other organizations to monitor moose activity in the state; this info will be used to create a moose management plan.
IRONMAN Event Will Impact Traffic This Sunday
The 21st annual IRONMAN is scheduled for July 25, and the popular triathlon includes a run through Lake Placid and a bike ride through Wilmington, Keene, and other nearby areas. Here are the road closures to be aware of if you’re in the region:
- Road closures Route 86 southbound to Lake Placid from Wilmington beginning at 7am until 6:30pm
- Route 86 westbound from Jay to Wilmington will close from 7am to 6pm
- Route 9N will close northbound from Keene to Jay, from 8am to 5pm
- Haselton Road from Route 86 to Bilhuber Road will be open only northbound from 8am to 5pm
- Road closures Route 73 south/eastbound from Lake Placid to Keene beginning at 5am to 4pm