Kick off the first weekend of spring in the Adirondacks! From a mom prom to maple weekend events to a hands-on workshop, this weekend is sure to keep you busy. Keep reading for our breakdown of the top events going on.
Have a Sweet Time at Maple Weekend Events: March 25-26
Check out some of the family-friendly maple weekend events happening in the region this weekend:
- Thurman Maple Days Weekend 3: Explore the various maple farms participating in Thurman’s Maple Days Weekend! Try samples, go on tours, and get in-person demonstrations of sugaring. Valley Road Maple Farm will offer a pancake and sausage breakfast to use your fresh, homemade maple syrup.
- Parker Family Maple Farm Maple Weekends: Enjoy the last Maple Weekend at Parker Family Maple Farm. Grab fresh breakfast items before heading on wagon rides and tours of the sugarhouse, and see how maple syrup is made. Also, don’t forget to check out the farm’s array of maple-flavored sweet treats.
- Maple Open House at Maple Valley Farm: Take a tour of Maple Valley Farm and see how maple syrup is made. Grab a delicious breakfast on site before taking a hayride to the sugarhouse. After the tour, check out the vendors like Wax N’ Wix, JM Farm, The Sunflower Collection, and more.
Learn more about maple season in the ADK >>
Opening Reception for Adirondack Artists Guild 25th Annual Juried Art Show
Join the Adirondack Artists Guild in Saranac Lake for their 25th annual juried art show reception! This exhibit will be on display at the gallery and online from March 24 through April 19. This Friday, attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy the collection and talk with the artists. While you’re there, vote for your favorite piece, and the People’s Choice award winner will be announced after the exhibit closes!
Test your skills at pond skimming, or come out and spectate this fun event at Oak Mountain. Participants will be in their best costumes, and trophies will be awarded for the best splash, best costume, and best skimming.
Ticonderoga Area Mom Prom: A Red Carpet Affair
Get ready to step onto the red carpet and experience a swanky evening of Hollywood-inspired glamor at this year’s Ticonderoga Moms Prom. Dress in your best attire, grab some friends, and have an unforgettable night out. Mark your calendars; it’s time to get glamorous!
Winter Workshop Series: Wool Waistcoats
Are you looking to improve your tailoring skills? Head to Fort Ticonderoga for their winter workshop series, where you will build your own woolen waistcoat. Tailors of all experience levels will learn a variety of techniques during this two-day, hands-on workshop.
Break your cabin fever this weekend at one of the biggest parties in the North Country—Bands ‘n Beans! Head down to Lake George and enjoy chili from over 20 local restaurants, groove to live music, enter raffles, and more. Even better, all proceeds go towards the Lake George Arts Project’s free music and art programs.
What Else is Happening in the Area:
- Winter Coffeehouse Series | Wild Irish Acres and Galloway Gaelic Pipes & Drum: March 26
- Mt Van Hoevenberg To Host Sliding Events: Through March 26
- Quilt Block Challenge – Celebrating the Great Outdoors: Through March 29
- Rippin & Sippin at Gore Mountain: Through April 1
- Johnsburg Central School Student Exhibit | Widlund Gallery: Through April 8
Find other events happening in the Adirondacks >>