Adirondack Snowshoe Fest
Saranac Lake will once again host the Adirondack Snowshoe Fest on February 23 & 24, 2019 at two locations: Dewey Mountain Recreation Center and the Paul Smith's College VIC.
- Dewey Mountain Recreation Center - Located in Saranac Lake, the trails at Dewey Mountain twist and turn up the gentle slopes of the mountain. The site is a short drive from downtown Saranac Lake.
- Paul Smith's College VIC - Located in Paul Smiths, the VIC features wide and well-marked paths that travel near ponds and through an open forest.
2019 Schedule of Events
Saturday, Feb. 23 at Dewey Mountain Recreation Center:
- 10 a.m. - Guided snowshoe tour
- 10:30 a.m. - Registration Opens
- 1 p.m. - 10KM Race & 5KM Shoe-Be-Doo Race
- 3 p.m. - Awards ceremony
- 2:30 - 5 p.m. - Chili in the Lodge
Sunday, Feb. 24 at Paul Smith's College VIC:
- 10 a.m. - Naturalist Led Snowshoe Program
- 10:30 a.m. - Race (5KM)
- 10:30 a.m. - Race (15KM)
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Winter Forest Bathing Eco-trip
- 1 p.m. - Awards ceremony
- 1 p.m. - VIC Naturalist Led Snowshoe Program
- 1:30 - 3 p.m. - Movie showing
- 2:30 - 5 p.m. - Slojam! Live Folk Music in the Great Hall
- All Day Family Snowshoe Scavenger Hunt
- All Day Snowshoe Obstacle Course
- Build-your-own snowshoe kits with Paul Smith's College students
- Food and beverages
For more information, please contact the Village of Saranac Lake at 518-891-4150.