The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Jun 8, 2019.
Please check back for updates.
24th Annual Black Fly Challenge
The Black Fly Challenge is a classic Adirondack Mountain gravel grinder that takes place every year on the second Saturday in June. The race changes direction every year with the start and finish alternating between Indian Lake and Inlet, NY.
Over half the 40 mile course traverses the rugged Moose River Recreation Area on mountain roads composed of dirt, gravel, sand and exposed boulders with several steep elevation changes. The top racers finish the race in about two hours while the rest of the field may take four or more hours. Race has an entry fee, free to watch.
This year, the course will begin in Indian Lake and end in Inlet.
Saturday June 8, 2019 – BFC RACE DAY!
- 8am: Shuttle Leaves Inlet’s Arrowhead Park for Indian Lake
- 8-10am: Packet Pickup & Registration (if cap is not met) at Byron Park, Rt. 28, Indian Lake
- 10:15am: Race Official’s Instructions – Be on the starting line!
- 10:30am: Race Begins 12 noon: Finish Line Party begins at Inlet’s Fern Park Food, beer and Showtime playing 12 noon – 5pm.
- 3pm: Awards Ceremony
- 4pm: Last Shuttle Leaves Inlet Community Church for Indian Lake
DON’T FORGET – The BFC is a Destination Race! Bring someone to drive your vehicle to the post race party in Inlet!!!