The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Jun 9, 2018.
Please check back for updates.
23rd Annual Black Fly Challenge
The Black Fly Challenge is a classic Adirondack Mountain gravel grinder that takes place every year on the second Saturday in June. The race changes direction every year with the start and finish alternating between Indian Lake and Inlet, NY. Over half the 40 mile course traverses the rugged Moose River Recreation Area on mountain roads composed of dirt, gravel, sand and exposed boulders with several steep elevation changes.
The top racers finish the race in about two hours while the rest of the field may take four or more hours. Live music, food and more at the finish! Race has an entry fee, free to watch.
This year, the course will begin in Inlet and end in Indian Lake.
Saturday June 9th – RACE DAY!
- 8am: Shuttle Leaves Indian Lake for Inlet
- 8-10am: Registration, at Inlet Town Hall, Rt. 28, Inlet
- 10:15am: Official’s Instructions – Be on the starting line!
- 10:30am: Race Begins
- 12 noon: Post Race Party begins at Indian Lake School
- 3pm: Awards Ceremony
- 3pm: First Shuttle Leaves Indian Lake for Inlet
DON’T FORGET – This is a Destination Race! Bring someone to drive your vehicle to the post race party in Indian Lake!!!
The Last Resort Shuttle:
- For those unable to arrange transportation there is limited shuttle space available.
- The Last Resort Shuttle is $15.00/person and must be reserved in advance.
- Shuttle capacity is limited to 80 riders & bikes for each run, Morning and Afternoon
- Add your Shuttle Reservation to your Registration at BikeReg.com.
- Before the race: Shuttle leaves Indian Lake at 8:00am for Registration in Inlet.
- After the race: Shuttles start leaving Indian Lake at 3:00pm for return to Inlet.