Canadian Pacific Holiday Train Comes To Upstate NY & The Adirondacks
Beginning in Montreal, Quebec, on November 25 and 26, 2017 respectively, two trains will make the festive journey, travelling through both the U.S. and Canada to bring holiday cheer to 182 communities along CP's network. Each event is completely free, with CP encouraging every attendee to open their cupboards or wallets to ease hunger needs in their community. Local food banks will be accepting donations at each stop to ensure those less fortunate can access adequate food this holiday season and year-round.
At each event, the Holiday Train provides a box car stage, a line up of great musical talents and a corporate contribution to the local food bank.
Attendees, in turn, are encouraged to donate food and funds, all of which stays in the community. Items such as infant formula, canned meats, and spaghetti sauce are in popular demand.
Schedule in the Adirondacks & Capital Region
Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Mechanicville - Parking Lot adjacent to CP tracks, corner of Park and Railroad Street at 5:45 pm
- Saratoga Springs - Amtrak Station at 7:20 pm
- Fort Edward - Amtrak Station at 12:35 pm
- Ticonderoga - Pell's crossing, Amtrak waiting area, Route 74 (Fort Ti Rd) at 3:10 pm
- Port Henry - Amtrak Station at 4:45 pm
- Plattsburgh - Amtrak Station at 7:15 pm
- Rouses Point - Rouses Point Station at 9:00 pm
The entertainment lineup this year includes Jim Cuddy, Devin Cuddy and Kelly Prescott.
Schedule is subject to change. All times are local. Times indicate arrival times – show starts 10-15 minutes after, please come early.
Photo: Carl Heilman II