- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 can Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons Butter, or Margarine
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating with an electric mixer until thick and light yellow in color.
- Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add to egg mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased and waxed paper-lined 10x15-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- From 10-inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake.
- Roll up cake (without the towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated. This pumpkin roll freezes well.