- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 10 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and add the beans.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Pour into individual bowls and top with cheese. Serve with bread.