This weekend in the Adirondacks has something in store for everyone! Get tickets to the Rotary Club’s Variety show, test your snowman-making skills, find your new favorite book, or attend a Winter Carnival! If you’re still looking for more to do after all that, grab a romantic dinner at Garnet Hill Lodge on Saturday evening, then head to The Docksider Restaurant for Super Bowl Sunday. Check out more information on events happening in the Adirondacks this weekend below.
The Old Forge Winter Carnival is returning this weekend! Enjoy an ice skating party on Friday, complete with hot cocoa, music, and a bonfire. Come back on Saturday for a scavenger hunt, live music, and an incredible fireworks display over McCauley Mountain. Finally, on Sunday, make s’mores over an open fire and cheer on the cardboard sled races!
Check out weekend two of the Lake George Winter Carnival! Try delicious barbecue from Lake George locals and vote for your favorite on Saturday, or put your snowman-making skills to the test on Sunday in the ‘Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?’ contest! With activities for everyone, this family-friendly event is one you won’t want to miss!
Through February 12
Don’t miss the last weekend of the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival. Get ready for a weekend of festivities, including live music, the Gala Parade, cross-country ski races, and more. Finish your weekend activities with the “Storming the Ice Palace” closing fireworks display—an amazing show you have to witness!
Here are some other events happening in the Saranac Lake community this weekend:
- Winter Carnival Book Fair – Looking for your new favorite book? If you attend the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival this weekend, you just might find it! Take a stroll to the Saranac Lake Free Library from 10-4, Thursday-Sunday and take a pick from their vast array of books available. A book fair is a perfect way to get your kids (and yourself!) excited about a new book to cozy up with this winter season.
- Winter Carnival Rotary Club Variety Show – The Winter Carnival Rotary Club Variety Show will be back in person for the first time in two years. Support your local Saranac Lake charities and enjoy a night of entertainment this Friday evening. The performance will feature a local high school choral ensemble, dance routines, and musical and dance acts by local students and artists. Make sure to purchase tickets in advance, as the show tends to sell out before the performance.
February 11 & 14
Join Garnet Hill Lodge with your sweetie for an incredible four-course, special Valentine’s Day meal. Start with the sweet potato souffle appetizer, grab a soup or salad, and choose between two excellent entrees: dry-aged bone-in strip steak or crab stuffed salmon (we’re drooling). Finally, make sure you save room for the white chocolate mousse with strawberries to finish your spectacular meal.
Coming to Lake George for the carnival this weekend? Visit The Docksider Restaurant for Super Bowl Sunday specials for dine-in or take-out. Drink specials of $5 draft pints and house wine will be served all day in addition to their pizza, wings & soda special. Get two cheese pizzas, two orders of wings, and a pitcher of soda for only $40 this Sunday. Stick around to watch the game and cheer on your favorite team while enjoying fantastic food; what could be better?!
What Else is Happening in the Area:
- Wild Lights: February 10 & 11
- FIS Ski Jumping World Cup: February 10-12
- Tannen-BOOM: February 11
- Adirondack Cross Country Snowmobile Racing Series: February 11
- Lake George Winterfest: Through March 5