Thurman Maple Days Weekend 2
Get the Details
Celebrate the start of of the 2019 spring season at Thurman Maple Days, where nature is a way of life, and sugaring is second nature.
For three weekends in a row, the four largest maple syrup producers in the Adirondack region and three nearby farms open their doors to the public for Thurman Maple Days. Celebrate spring with free tours, tastings, and demonstrations, with a vast array of food and souvenirs available to take home.
During this three weekend celebration, you'll be able to taste the finest maple syrup, watch maple tree sawmill operations, and even taste sheep cheese and hang out with llamas. As a self-guided tour, you'll be in the driver's seat and have the ability to visit all farms or spend your time at the ones you enjoy most. Follow the arrow signs at nearly every corner in town.
Begin the day at Valley Road Maple Farm for a tasty pancake breakfast starting at 9am before the Thurman Maple Days festivities begin at 10am.
The town of Thurman is 20 minutes from Lake George via the Adirondack Northway (I-87). Take exit 23 to New York State Route 9 to Route 418 and follow the sign posts.
- Valley Road Maple Farm, 190 Valley Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885 (start here for breakfast at 9am)
- Hidden Hollow Maple Farm, 312 Dippikill Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885
- Toad Hill Maple Farm, 137 Charles Olds Road, Athol, NY 12810
- Adirondack Gold Maple Farm, 74 Bear Pond Road, Athol, NY 12810
Other Farms & Activities
- Martin's Lumber and Certified Tree Farm, 280 Valley Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885 - showcasing silviculture, the monitoring and science of woodlands and farms, sawmill operation
- Nettle Meadow Farm, 484 South Johnsburg Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885 - farm tours and sheep/goat cheese tasting
- Peru Llama Farm, 661 High Street, Athol, NY 12810 - hang out with a llama named Critter, and if you're lucky, snag a kiss
Dates & Times
- Weekend 1: Saturday, March 16th & Sunday, March 17th, 10am to 4pm
- Weekend 2: Saturday, March 23rd & Sunday, March 24th, 10am to 4pm
- Weekend 3: Saturday, March 30th & Sunday, March 31st, 10am to 4pm
Pancake breakfasts are served each of the maple days, from 9am to 1pm, at Valley Road Maple Farm. Enjoy pancakes, pure local maple syrup, and maple sausages from Oscar's Smokehouse.