The Saranac Lake 6er Hiking Challenge: Hike Around the Lake
The Village of Saranac Lake and the Saranac Lake 6er Challenge invite you to you to climb the 6 Adirondack mountains that surround Saranac Lake.
The 6er Mountains include:
McKenzie - 10 mi | 2221' Ascent | 3822' Elevation
Ampersand - 5.4 mi | 1775' Ascent | 3353' Elevation
Scarface - 6.8 mi | 1480' Ascent | 3054' Elevation
Haystack - 6.6 mi | 1302' Ascent | 2864' Elevation
St. Regis - 6.6 mi | 1266' Ascent | 2874' Elevation
Baker - 1.8 mi | 884' Ascent | 2452' Elevation
- You may complete the 6er challenge in as much time as you like. If it takes months, years, even decades, you can still be a 6er
- Hikers can become Ultra 6ers by summiting all six peaks in 24 hours
- Hikers can become Winter 6ers by climbing the peaks during the winter season
- No biking
- No boating
- Obey all NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) rules
- Obey all traffic rules
- No trespassing
- Use proper trail etiquette - "Leave-No-Trace"
- Always call DEC Emergency Dispatch in case of emergency: 518-891-0235
- Know your limits and weather conditions
Once a hiker has finished this challenge, they should mail the Village of Saranac Lake details on the date they climbed, time spent on the summit, mailing address, and $5 postage.at the following address:
Village of Saranac Lake
Saranac Lake 6ers
39 Main Street
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
In return, hikers receive their 6er swag: a patch, sticker, member number, and bragging rights - plus they get to ring the traditional 6er bell!
Register here for the challenge.