Best Lakes For Boating In The Adirondacks
What is the best boating location in the Adirondacks? Well, that is subject to interpretation, and everyone has their own opinion. While there may not be a consensus, there certainly is a majority opinion when it comes to the best boating spots in the Adirondacks. We asked our Adirondack Facebook fans for their input, and below we have compiled a list of their favorite ponds and lakes:
4th Lake - "Great for motor boats but not so good sometimes for kayaks!"
- 6th Lake - Great for canoes, kayaks, and sailboats
- 7th Lake - Great for canoes, kayaks, and sailboats
- Black Pond - Recommended for canoeing
- Blue Mountain Lake - "Blue Mountain Lake is a nice paddle"
- Cranberry Lake - "Cranberry Lake to the Oswegatchie River"
- Great Sacandaga Lake - "The best place in the world!"
- Hinckley Lake (Reservoir) - Great for motorboats and fishing
- Lake Champlain - "Tops them all!" Check out the Broad Lake segment
- Lake George - "North end of LG" "In the Narrows"
- Loon Lake - "Loon Lake in Chestertown is nice"
- Lower St. Regis Lake - "Hands down, St. Regis Canoe Area"
- Meacham Lake - "I like Meacham. Not busy at all. Very shallow launch though."
- Moose Pond - "Moose Pond! Remote, beautiful, and no motor craft allowed."
- Nicks Lake - "Nicks Lake, Old Forge. The Best!" "My favorite lake...no motors in it"
- Paradox Lake - "No motors!"
- Saranac Lake (Upper and Lower) - "It also connects to Fish Creek and many other quiet bodies of water nearby."
Check out our slideshow of some of the most popular boating locations in the Adirondacks! Below the slideshow, we've included even more lakes and ponds that were recommended.
Here are some other recommended lakes and ponds:
- Brant Lake
- Brown Tract Pond
- Caroga Lake
- Fish Creek Pond
- Follensby Clear Pond
- Gull Pond
- Horseshoe Pond
- Indian Lake
- Lake Abanakee
- Lake Harris
- Lake Flower
- Lake Kushaqua
- Lake Placid
- Lake Pleasant
- Limekiln Lake
- Long Lake
- Long Pond
- Peck's Lake
- Piseco Lake
- Polliwog Pond
- Raquette Lake
- Rollins Pond
- Schroon Lake
- Trout Lake