Experience one of the oldest natural attractions in the country at Ausable Chasm. You won't find this assortment of adventures at any other location! Explore natural stone walkways, traverse a riverwalk, observe eons of geological history, and more.
An Unforgettable Experience in the Adirondacks
The amazing sights of the chasm will take your breath away. Enjoy walking along the towering cliff walks in the midst of a primeval forest that peers into the chasm from many scenic overlooks and vistas. Descend 150 feet into the depths of the chasm to walk along the famous Inner Sanctum trail that has amazed guests for nearly 150 years! Sturdy walkways, bridges, and stairs make this adventure possible - a unique experience that is not to be missed!
Discover All the Things to Do
- Adventure Trail: Strap on a harness and explore a region of the upper Ausable Chasm not accessible by any other trail. Family-friendly!
- Lantern Tours: Discover the beauty of Ausable Chasm at night!
- Raft Float Tours: Enjoy a scenic, family float tour that begins between the towering cliffs of the Grand Flume, the narrowest and deepest section of Ausable Chasm.
- Rappelling: Guided rappel tours are available for beginners and experienced adventurists.
- Riverwalk: Admire the best views of Rainbow Falls and walk along at river level with chasm walls towering 150 feet above you. Ages five and up are permitted.
- Rock Climbing: Perfect for large groups who love adventures, guests 13 and up of all experience levels can scale the chasm.
- Trails & Tours: Walking and hiking trails are available for all ages. Choose between the Classic Tour or the Premium Package.
- Tube Float Tours: They provide tubes and life jackets, you float down the river at your own pace.
- Winter Tours: Avoid summer crowds and see this amazing attraction in a whole new light in the winter!
Various activities and tours have different operating dates and prices, so make sure to plan ahead accordingly. Ausable Chasm even has a campground with rental cabins if you wish to extend your experience.